Saturday, July 27, 2013

Drop. Dead. Gorgeous.

I actually gasped when I saw this.  You MUST look at the etsy listing for this beautiful confection.  It brings me back to my mom's wedding dress.  She had a more simple ballet length dress in 1953.  I've only seen shades of it in pictures, because their wedding pictures were taken by my uncle, and were somehow double exposed.  It makes getting a good view of her dress rather difficult.  Add to it that my grandmother gave it to the Salvation Army, and it makes it all the more tragic.

So buy this dress, please.  Because I'd buy it in a minute if I thought it would fit.  And then I would buy a bouquet and walk through the grocery store in it, just because pretty dresses deserve to be worn.  Frequently.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. When I was younger, I wanted nosegays to come back in fashion because I wanted to basically carry a wedding bouquet around all the time.

    ReplyDelete