Thursday, July 19, 2012

Surrey With a Vogue on Top

I've been listing some of the most fabulous fifties patterns I've ever seen, found in a box that I forgot I had.  There are Prominent Designer, Advance Import, Spadea, Vogues, and even a few Fashion Originators in there.  All in all, amazing stuff.  Because you know, a website is much more profitable if one say, lists things on it.



So imagine my excitement when I came across this little gem.  Cool, yes?  Notched scoop collar, ginormous pockets, and wow, that jacket.  I have no idea who Surrey is (or was) but this is one cool pattern.  And then I opened it up. 

Unused.  Cool.  Uncut.  Better.  Instructions.  Check.  I was seeing dollar signs while I was drooling, because something like this has a huge market.  Then I realized that the unused, uncut pattern inside was this one instead:


Nice pattern, but not the Surrey.  And this, dear readers, is the kind of thing that makes me sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment