Sunday, June 5, 2011

So.............

You may've been wondering where I wandered off to, so let me take a moment to explain some personal stuff. If you just want the pretties, skip down the the end and I won't be offended.

In January, my husband moved out, informing me that he never loved me. Funny that it took him 26 years to figure that out, but some people are slow learners, I guess. I found myself in the the throes of (initially) unwanted divorce proceedings, which are ongoing. (Not something I would ever recommend to anyone!) I have spent 2011 sorting out things with the house and the kids, besides having my full time job and part time business. Needless to say, some things have gone by the wayside. Those things are slowly being added back, so hopefully you will see me here more, now that tihngs are (hopefully) settling down to a (new) normal rhythm. I'm bouncing back, and am loving life, despite the bumps it's handed me.

And I am luckier than a lot of women. I can support myself, I have great support from many, many family and friends, and my kids remain the light of my life. I count myself as blessed.

So I went looking around to see who is the most divorced celebrity, and found that it's most likely Lana Turner, who counted eight marriages -- seven, if you take into account that she married one man twice -- seven divorces, and annulment. Add to that mix, one dead boyfriend, stabbed to death by her daughter, while defending her, and that makes for one complicated love life.

Like I said, I count myself blessed. Plus, Lana got to wear wonderful clothes like this:

From "The Postman Always Rings Twice," 1946. Costumes were by Irene, who was one of the most iconic costume designers of the period. I'd LOVE to have this jacket, please.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry about the rough time...your whole entire life shifts and topples and some things totally disappear. Sounds like you're holding on and going on...just keep bouncing...to a wider and deeper life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolute bugger! So sorry to hear that, but like you said, you're better off than some....make that many.
    Hang in there
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW BABE! YOUVE BEEN HAVING A BIT OF A MUDDY TIME. WELL LOOK, AT LEAST YOU ARE BACK AND WE HAVE MISSED YOU VERY MUCH. I FOR ONE JUST WANT TO LET U KNOW THAT I AM HERE FOR YOU ANY TIME. I LOVE YOUR BLOG AND ITS ONE THAT I FOLLOW WITH A PASSION. YOU CAN ALWAYS TALK TO US. I HOPE THAT YOU FIND YOURSELF ON THE UP AND UP AS IT SEEMS YOU ARE.

    AND REMEMBER, LIFE IS GIVING YOU LEMONS...WHAT YOU HAD WAS ONE BAD APPLE...AT LEAST IT HAD SENSE ENOUGH TO NOT SPOIL YOU ALL AND LEAVE ON ITS OWN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have you back. Glad also that you're finding your way through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that you have your family there to support you. When my mum left my dad, she was the "bad guy" and her entire family rejected her. Things are better now, but she has never forgotten about the lack of love and support from her family. She says she now knows who really supports her, and that's my brother, sister and myself, because we were the only ones who stood by her.
    I hope everything goes ok for you :)
    http://mymothersdiamondring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lisa,

    I'm so sorry to hear about the hard time you've had. The breakdown of a relationship is never a fun thing to go through, and I can only hope that the resolution is swift. Everyone who reads your blog is rooting for you! Hang in there!

    Best,
    Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sincerely wish you only the best your life has to offer.

    ReplyDelete