Monday, January 17, 2011

Always the bridesmaid....


This is a fascinating pattern envelope to me. Two ladies, fashionably dressed, with major differences. If I was her sister, I'd be pretty peeved at the lady on the left. Look at her stylish dress, when compared with the woman on the right.

CRAZY wonderful hat, cuter gloves -- what length is that? They are longer than your typical short gloves, but I don't know if there is a name for that length. And the print on that dress? Spectacular.

Lady on the right looks stylish, but to me, there is no comparison. She speaks "always the bridesmaid, never the bride" to me. She definitely needs to take some style lessons from her sister.

Let's speculate about their shoes. If I were the girl on the left, I'd have red peeptoe pumps. On the right, it's probably something black, but navy would be better.

From 1947.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree, I love all the colourful forties prints, if only you could still buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally love the dove grey and yellow one! it's subtle and sophisticated! i would totally go for that one, though i would dress it up with a crazy bracelet or flashy pin.

    ReplyDelete