Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lucky me!



I was wandering around today, killing time till I had to pick up our son, so I stopped in Half Price books. In the case of collectible books, I found Lilly Dache's book, "Talking Through My Hats." It's a first edition. And it was half price.

A half price book, at Half Price books. Does that make it a quarter price book?

No worries -- I snapped that little tome up quicker than you can say "hat," and now I can't wait to read it. I'm on the lookout for Ms. Dache's Glamour Book, and life might just be complete.

Lilly Dache hat, above, from 1958.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that red hat is SO groovy!

    I haven't commented on your blog very often, but I've been enjoying it. In fact, I gave you a "One Lovely Blog Award" today!

    http://coldspringsstudio.blogspot.com/2010/11/ive-been-awarded-blog-award-by-heidi-at.html

    Cheers!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete