Monday, August 30, 2010

Joan


Do you watch Mad Men? Yes? Good. No? You are hereby shunned, and are not to return to The Vintage Fashion Librarian until you have watched at least one season of what is probably the best show on TV right now.

I'll admit, I just started watching it midway through the last season, but do as I say, not as I do, and go watch it for the vintage eye candy. The clothing is to die for.

And this pattern from 1959, alas, sold to someone in New Orleans just today, is pure Joan. Joan loves her some fitted sheaths with some neckline interest, and View A has Joan written all over it. View B not so much, but only because the bow is in the front. Remember the Christmas party where Roger told Joan he loved the red dress with the bow in back, because it was like she was a present? Well, View B is that dress, if the bow was in back.

And you know Joan has a good thing rockin' when my my teenaged son says of her, "now that is a woman." And he's right.

1 comment:

  1. I like the variety of your topics. Nice mix, and very interesting.

    ReplyDelete