Sunday, July 18, 2010

Something old and something new.

My husband's parents were married in 1957, after meeting by complete happenstance. They were married in a church that's a mile or so from where we live now, and I think of that every time I drive by there. She wore a beautiful ballet length dress, as was the style that year. Isn't it beautiful?


Here's a closeup of the bodice. I love the collar.


The post-wedding photo. Don't they look amazing?


And for those of you who look at vintage clothing as just being "old clothes," here's how you can work vintage the right way. Dan's sister wore her mom's 1957 wedding dress at her own wedding, in 1985. Beautiful, yes? I think so.

2 comments:

  1. THESE ARE SO HISTORICAL! AND BEAUTIFUL!

    BY THE WAY, I AM A FIRM BELIEVE THAT TRUE BEAUTY, CLASS, STYLE AND GRACE ARE TIMELESS LIKE FLORAL PRINT!

    ReplyDelete