Monday, November 23, 2009

All Woman


"Nettie Rosenstein's vision of a perfect world is one in which all women have high, well rounded breasts, slim waists and gently curving backsides. Since women in real life fall far short of her ideal, she uses every trick in the dressmaker's trade to create this illusion." I should say.

I managed to clip off the bottom of this photo, but if you could see it, you'd see beautiful shirring that curves along the hips. With the genius construction of the bodice, there's pretty much no way to wear this dress and not look all woman. And consider that this was 1944, so wartime rationing was in effect, and I am in awe.

I see it in dove gray. Or cream, if I wasn't such a klutz about eating.


From Life Magazine, 1944.

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling this model would look stunning in anything she wears. Great pose too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way to see the rest of the dress? I'd love to see the shirring along the hips.

    ReplyDelete