Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The greatest Cuban import



Luis Estevez - one fantastic designer. He was born in Cuba, and thank heavens he came here, because I don't know that I've ever seen a boring Estevez. Like many designers, he started out by studying architecture, and ended up designing beautiful garments like this.

Now, I'm as much of a fan of the 50s and 60s era coats as anyone, but this one is really misleading -- look at the hubba hubba dress beneath it! Wowza! I see it in midnight blue. What about you?

From approximately 1963, Prominent Designer pattern booklet.

2 comments:

  1. I like it! and I see it in a red color..well, more like wine? the color of red wine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I found this website with AMAZING backgrounds! you may want to consider putting one on here!
    ( if you don't know how , contact me @ sinkku@juno.com ) But its
    www.thecutestblogontheblock.com , They have alot of Vintage styles !
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete