Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good enough to eat


I love this pattern! It's super easy to make, and look how cute it is! I think the only problem that I have with it is the fact that I'd never be able to eat if I was wearing it.

What else is cool about this pattern? The bottom two versions are made from a tablecloth! Make it with a 68"-70" round tablecloth, and you'll be done in a New York minute. How cool is that? Personally, I'd stick to Version 1 (on the bottom right), and try to find a tablecloth with some metallic threads in it, especially if it had the scallops it's showing in the illustration.

I was cruising around last night, looking for a vintage tablecloth of the appropriate size, just to see what it would've looked like, back in the day. I didn't have a lot of luck, but I did find this Vera tablecloth with poppies on it, and thought it would be pretty perfect. I don't know that I could've done it though, since that tablecloth still had the matching napkins with it. I'm a sentimentalist, and probably couldn't have done that to the set, after making it all the time without being separated. Pretty foxy outfit though, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. You could buy the set and make pillows with the napkins! Cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this pattern or ones like it. I remember making a dress out of african fabric from it in 1969. I loved that dress.

    ReplyDelete