Monday, October 12, 2009

College wear circa 1933


We packed our daughter off to college this fall, and amongst the vanload-full of stuff that the girl took with her, there was nothing so stylish as this: Junior Miss clothes to pack off to school after the holidays. Today's girls could learn a thing or two from the girls of 1933, couldn't they? Just look at those collars!

I believe that I had the pattern for the one that is second from the left, but the two I want to focus on are #3 and #5 (far right). Look at #3's collar -- the way it's done reminds me of a spider web. The one on far right isn't seen in its entirety, but look at those sleeves! I wouldn't have a clue how to describe them, but the top looks like it's been through a shredder, and the forearm part is slim and fitted. Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment